Sunday, October 24, 2010

Time For Thanks

At 10:38 on a Sunday night, I look back over the past week (which has seemed like several) and feel thankful. First, I'm thankful that I made it to this point. Parent Teacher Conference week is always draining, but the conferences went well.

I'm grateful for a family friend that treated Sunshine (our parakeet). Hopefully it really is an absess and will heal and not a tumor like he originally thought.

My great Aunt passed away recently and her funeral was Saturday. I was fortunate to have 2 great aunts and uncles live within a block of me growing up. I was able to get to know them and also get to know my grandparents through them. Their generation truly is the greatest generation, I'm grateful for their influence in my life and I miss them very much.

I'm thankful for amazing parents that do so much for me and Amanda. It was so nice to have them come to the Primary program today and have dinner with us. We are very spoiled!

I have an AMAZING daughter who teaches me so much. She is so sweet, kind, caring, and tender-hearted. I am so proud of her, and can't imagine what life would be like without her. Loved the fact that during the funeral she told me that she would buy my casket when I die.

Bottom line is: I am VERY blessed and VERY grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment