Monday, October 25, 2010

So I'm a little slow....

Well, I'm only about a month late. My brother and his wife welcomed a baby girl into their family in August. (Forgive me for not remembering the exact date. That old age thing is really kicking in.) Amanda and I had the wonderful opportunity of going to the baby blessing in September.

It was a great trip. We met my mom and dad in Burley, and then rode with them the rest of the way to Prosser, WA. We got to Steve & Nicolle's house on Friday evening and had Nicolle and little Ellie all to ourselves. We felt so SPOILED and got some great photo ops!
On Saturday morning, there was a hot air balloon festival in Prosser. About 25 balloons launched that morning and it was a pretty neat sight to see. I'll post some pics of that later.

We got to spend the rest of the day with Steve & Nicolle, and Lori & Curtis made it to Prosser as well. Nicolle's family made it to Prosser later that day. Nicolle has a niece that is about Amanda's age and she and Amanda hit it off. It was a lot of fun to watch them play, and I'm sure Amanda felt that Kirsten was a welcome relief from all of the adult company she had endured to that point.

All in all, we spent about 20 hours in the car to get to WA and to get home, but every minute of it was worth it to be able to spend some time with my brother, his wife and their new little munchkin. Just wished they lived a little closer so we could see them more often.


1 comment: