Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Amanda's Sleepover with Grandma & Grandpa

While I was in LA slaving away in conference meetings, Amanda got to have a sleepover at Grandma & Grandpa Bennett's house. I actually should co-write this post with Grandma, but she's in Preston right now and I'm in Ogden. So you get my recollection of Amanda's trip. They came down to our house the day before I left to pick Amanda up. That was VERY helpful and saved me a bunch of time. THANKS!

So trips to Grandma & Grandpa's are so much fun because there is a seemingly endless list of things to do. First and foremost is the chance to play with/ride on Sampson.
They were working on getting 1st crop hay up, so she got to ride in the hay truck and also in the tractor with Grandma. This was pretty fun until the fields got rough. She got bounced around a little too much and hit her head. :(

Hay hauling has definitely evolved since I was a kid and they can clear a field in a few hours. This left time to make a new wardrobe for Water baby. Grandma sewed a nightgown, shirt, pants, and a baby carrier all out of "fabric" (not cloth) that Amanda chose. Needless to say, Water baby is pretty stylish now and her outfits coordinate with the teepee!

She also took a trip to Willow Park. She had a great time looking at all of the animals, but I believe her favorite was the Boa Constrictor. Of course Grandma planned the trip well so it included a fabulous picnic lunch, and then playtime at the park. Fortunately they weren't in a hurry to get anywhere else because once Amanda got a swing she stayed on it for a solid hour! Good thing she was with Grandma because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have had the patience to wait for her to swing that long.

One of the highlights of the trip was going to the neighbor's house for pony rides. The Bradfords have a wonderful older pony names Sugar, and they have made an arena behind their house. According to Grandma, Amanda listened very intently as Lena gave her instructions on how to get the pony to do what she wants her to do, and then off she went!

If riding a pony wasn't great enough, she also got to ride in a pony cart.
With all of this fun stuff to do, I don't think she had time to even notice I was gone, let alone miss me. However, when I got to their house on Thursday night, Amanda ran to the driveway, gave me an ENORMOUS hug, and proceeded to tell me that she was so happy that I had "arrived".

Thanks again for a fabulous sleepover Grandma & Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment